If you’ve been keeping up with events happening around the world and specifically in the Middle East, you’ll find that many biblically/prophetically significant events are stacking up. If you’re not keeping up then this article is for you as it’s a good resource for articles and videos on events that have been occurring over the month.
Although I believe the events may be significant and relate to the Bible, we should be careful as to how we interpret these events and not be quick to jump to conclusions. We are told to be watchful and awake to the events going around the world but also be able to discern. At the beginning of each section, I included sections of verses to what I believe the events are relating to. I’d recommend you read the surrounding verses and even the chapter for a clearer picture. At the end of the article are links to my previous current events articles as well as links to recommended articles and videos that go into detail regarding the prophecies in these verses for those that aren’t familiar.I hope this comprehensive collection of articles and videos guides you in your own research and deepens your understanding of the events occurring around the world.
This article is composed of 3 sections:
Middle East/Israel, Nature/Celestial Events, and Society. Feel free to navigate to the section that most interests you.
- “Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching…Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.” (Luke 12:37, 40)
- “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21:34-36)
- “But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.” (1 Thessalonians 5:4-6)
- “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.” (Luke 21:28)
- “Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.” (Revelation 16:15)
“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem. And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. (Zechariah 12:2-3)
“Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, And it will be a ruinous heap…” (Isaiah 17:1)
“Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal…” (Ezekiel 38:1-4)
“And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom…” (Matthew 24:6-7)
“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.” (Matthew 24:32-34)
Rivlin: Confederation with Palestinians may be ‘momentous opportunity’ for peace (September 3rd) – Day after Abbas backs idea, Israel’s president says ‘we need to find a way to live together, and life together could certainly be in a confederation’
Russia dismisses Trump’s warning over expected Syria offensive (September 4th) – U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday warned Syria against launching an attack on the country’s and Iran, saying the offensive could trigger a “human tragedy.”
Harbinger to Messiah: Red Heifer Is Born (September 5th) – Last Tuesday, the Temple Institute’s Red Heifer program was blessed with results; an entirely red female calf was born, paving the way for re-establishing the Temple service and marking the final stage of redemption.
Trump to US Jews: I won’t give Palestinians aid until they make deal with Israel (September 6th) – In call to mark Rosh Hashanah, president also says Iranians have ‘lost their mojo’ since he quit the nuclear deal, and are now ‘fighting for their own survival’.
Fate of Syria’s Idlib in balance as Putin, Erdogan land in Iran for summit (September 7th) – Leaders discuss fate of province, the last rebel holdout in the civil war, with regime offensive — and possible humanitarian disaster — looming
High-stakes diplomacy as battle for Syria’s Idlib looms (September 7th) – Iran and Russia on Friday backed a military campaign to retake the last rebel-held stronghold in Syria as Turkey pleaded for a cease-fire, narrowing the chances of a diplomatic solution to avoid what many say would be a bloody humanitarian disaster.
Syria war: Russia rejects Turkey’s calls for Idlib truce (September 7th) – Russian President Vladimir Putin has rejected Turkey’s calls for a truce to prevent a “bloodbath” in north Syria.
Russia pounds Syria’s Idlib after efforts to prevent offensive fail (September 8th) – War monitor says 4 civilians killed in rebel stronghold in the ‘most violent’ Russian airstrikes in a month
“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.” (Luke 21:25-26)
“And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.” (Luke 21:11)
“…Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.” (Hosea 4:3)
“I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the Lord. I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumbling blocks with the wicked: and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the Lord.” (Zephaniah 1:2-3)
- Mass Animal Deaths for 2018 – A list of worldwide mass animal deaths for 2018
Japan’s strongest typhoon in 25 years kills at least six (September 4th) – Japan has been hit by its strongest typhoon in 25 years, causing at least seven deaths and 200 injuries.
- Typhoon “Jebi” – The strongest typhoon to make landfall in mainland Japan since 1993 leaves 1.6 million without power, 9 dead and 300 injured (September 4th) – Typhoon “Jebi” slammed into western Japan on September 4, 2018, killing at least 9 people and injuring more than 300. This is the fourth typhoon to strike Japan this year and the first categorized as ‘very strong’ to make landfall in mainland Japan in 25 years.
Buildings collapse, dozens injured & missing after 6.7 quake triggers landslides in Japan (September 5th) – A large-scale rescue operation is underway on the Japanese island of Hokkaido after a 6.7 earthquake triggered several landslides that swallowed a number of houses, injuring and trapping people inside.
Japan earthquake kills 9, injures hundreds on Hokkaido (September 5th) – Japan was reeling from its most powerful typhoon in 25 years when it was struck by another natural disaster early Thursday: a powerful earthquake that killed at least nine people and left nearly 3 million households without power.
- Fiji earthquake: Pacific islands ROCKED by HUGE 7.8 magnitude earthquake (September 7th) – A HUGE earthquake has struck off the coast of Fiji. The powerful 7.8 magnitude tremor hit 66 miles east of the Fijian capital of Suva at 4.39pm BST (3.49am Friday local time).
California takes financial wallop from unrelenting wildfires (September 7th) – California is taking a financial wallop from unrelenting wildfires that have drained its firefighting budget and prompted nearly $1 billion in property claims even before the start of the dangerous fall fire season, officials said Thursday.
- Ecuador Earthquake: Quito and Guayaquil hit by earth tremor in ring of fire (September 7th) – Three major earthquakes have hit South America within just one hour, including a massive 6.3 magnitude tremor which hit Ecuador’s capital Quito.
Wildfire races across Northern California counties, shutting down parts of I-5 (September 7th) – Another raging and rapidly growing wildfire this week in Northern California has prompted evacuations, road closings and a massive firefighting response, the US Forest Service said.
Fears grow for Japan quake survivors as death toll rises (September 7th) – Rescuers continued to search for survivors of a powerful earthquake on Japan’s island of Hokkaido, as the death toll rose to 16.
In rare event, Atlantic, Pacific churn with storms at same time (September 9th) – Storms in the northeast Pacific have generated the most ‘accumulated cyclone energy’ on record for the season thus far.
- Seemingly overnight, the oceans are exploding with tropical cyclone activity (September 12th) – The Northern Hemisphere is facing an onslaught of hurricanes and typhoons, seemingly overnight. With three storms spinning in the North Atlantic — Hurricane Florence one of them — the tropics have exploded to life at the peak of the annual season. At the same, in the tropical Pacific, Super Typhoon Mangkhut is the most intense tropical cyclone in the world, packing 170 mph winds.
Super Typhoon Mangkhut bears down on the Philippines and Hong Kong (September 12th) – As the US east coast braces for Hurricane Florence, an even stronger super typhoon is barreling down on southeast Asia, with Hong Kong and Macau square in its path.
Unseen in 35 years: Veteran weather reporter on oceans ‘exploding’ with tropical storms (September 13th) – The world is facing a record number of storms raging through the Northern hemisphere at the same time. There are five tropical storms just this week, including a potentially “catastrophic” Hurricane Florence, meteorologists say.
Typhoon Mangkhut: Philippines hit by strongest storm (September 15th) – The world’s strongest storm this year, Super Typhoon Mangkhut, is blasting the northern coast of the Philippines with strong winds and heavy rain.
Hurricane Florence: Deadly ‘brute’ of a storm ravages Carolinas (September 15th) – Five people have been killed as Florence mauls the US East Coast, knocking out power for hundreds of thousands of homes and downing trees.
“But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power…” (II Timothy 3:1-5)
“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. (John 15:18-21)
- ‘We don’t want a church here!’ Christian persecution as mob surrounds church a SECOND time (September 1st) – MOBS have surrounded a church in Egypt for a second time vandalizing the premises after holding demonstrations last month. Villagers were heard shouting: “We don’t want a church here” as they gathered outside the building.
- Nigerian Pastor, Three Sons Burned Alive Among at Least 20 Killed in Latest Plateau Massacre (September 7th) – A spate of attacks, in which at least 20 were killed in Nigeria’s central Plateau State over the last week of August, has shattered peace efforts by religious and political leaders in its capital, Jos.
- Chinese officials burn bibles, close churches, force Christian to denounce faith amid ‘escalating’ crackdown (September 10th) – The Chinese government is destroying crosses, burning bibles, closing churches and forcing Christian believers to sign papers renouncing their faith as the crackdown on religious congregations in Beijing and several provinces intensifies.
- After Chinese Officials Shut Down Chengdu House Church, Members Take the Gospel to the Streets (September 11th) – Members of a house church in China recently took the gospel to the streets after the government shut down their unregistered church, video footage reveals.
Below are other articles on current events:
- Current Events in August
- Current Events in July
- Current Events in June
- Current Events in May
- Current Events in April
Below are videos that help tie the events to what the Bible says and explains their prophetic significance as well:
Mid-East Prophecy Update (September 16th) – Pastor J.D. talks about how the long anticipated Mideast peace plan may set in motion significant prophetic developments.
- Middle East Current Events Update by Behold Israel (September 13th) – Amir’s update on the military operation in Idlib, Syria, the outcome of the Turkish-Iranian-Russian summit in Tehran last week, the historic steps the US administration is taking regarding the Palestinian “refugees” deception and update on upcoming ministry events.
Lastly, here are articles that give a better insight into some of these prophecies and events:
- God And His Fig Tree by Unsealed – An in-depth article on Israel as God’s “fig tree” and what that means prophetically | “The current generation of Israel, sprouting forth since 1948, will not be uprooted as it was in AD 70. Though the nation will be severely beaten and ravaged during the course of the seven-year Tribulation, Israel will remain planted and sprout forth like never before when Messiah’s reign from Jerusalem begins.”
- BREAKING: Jewish Nation-State Bill Becomes Law, Biggest Prophetic Development In 50 Years by Unsealed – “In my estimation, July 19, 2018 will go down in history as one of the most significant dates in Israel’s prophetic history—right up there with May 14, 1948 and June 7, 1967. 1948 was the restoration of the nation-state itself, 1967 the restoration of the nation’s capital, and 2018 the restoration of the nation’s biblical identity.”
What’s Happening? by Unsealed – Muslims are predicting the soon return of the Imam Mahdi, Secular Humanists are predicting mass extinction because of global warming and unchecked capitalism, and Christians are predicting the imminent return of their Lord and Savior—Jesus Christ. Plenty of other “end of the world”-type speculation has completely saturated television and the internet with bizarre mentions of a Mayan calendar, quatrains written by Nostradamus, alien invasions, and an impending (though yet unseen) planet called “Nibiru”. Hollywood has certainly added fuel to the fire with the recent releases of 2012, The Book of Eli, 9, The Road, Legion, The Day After Tomorrow, and others. The film and television industry has developed an odd fascination with the apocalyptic genre… very odd, wouldn’t you agree? Something is definitely going on.
- An Overview Of Things To Come by Unsealed – An overview and explanation of what all these signs are pointing to and what Christians are told to watch for (Recent signs and prophecies, 7 year tribulation, millennium reign of Christ)| “We are rapidly approaching the point of no return, where humanity’s actions will tip the scales of God’s wrath. Life as we know it will come crashing to a cataclysmic halt. Christians know it, other religions know it, secular observers know it. “The Apocalypse” is almost upon us. It will be a time of intense chaos, destruction, and confusion. “