If you’ve been keeping up with events happening around the world and specifically in the Middle East, you’ll find that many biblically/prophetically significant events are stacking up. If you’re not keeping up then this article is for you as it’s a good resource for articles and videos on events that have been occurring over the month.
Although I believe the events may be significant and relate to the Bible, we should be careful as to how we interpret these events and not be quick to jump to conclusions. We are told to be watchful and awake to the events going around the world but also be able to discern. At the beginning of each section, I included sections of verses to what I believe the events are relating to. I’d recommend you read the surrounding verses and even the chapter for a clearer picture. At the end of the article are links to my previous current events articles as well as links to recommended articles and videos that go into detail regarding the prophecies in these verses for those that aren’t familiar.I hope this comprehensive collection of articles and videos guides you in your own research and deepens your understanding of the events occurring around the world.
This article is composed of 2 sections:
Middle East/Israel and Nature/Celestial Events. Feel free to navigate to the section that most interests you.
- “Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching…Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.” (Luke 12:37, 40)
- “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21:34-36)
- “But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.” (1 Thessalonians 5:4-6)
- “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.” (Luke 21:28)
- “Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.” (Revelation 16:15)
“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem. And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. (Zechariah 12:2-3)
“Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, And it will be a ruinous heap…” (Isaiah 17:1)
“Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal…” (Ezekiel 38:1-4)
“And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom…” (Matthew 24:6-7)
“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.” (Matthew 24:32-34)
US warns no one will be ‘fully pleased’ by Israeli-Palestinian peace plan (August 17th) – In joint statement, Trump’s Mideast peace team says only path toward an agreement is for both sides to not get everything they want
Erdogan invokes patriotism, Islam as lira remains under pressure (August 20th) – President Tayyip Erdogan appealed to Turks’ religious and patriotic feelings ahead of a major Muslim holiday on Monday, promising they would not be brought “to their knees” by an economic crisis that has battered the lira currency.
- Report: ‘Deal of the Century’ to be unveiled next month (August 20th) – The Trump Administration will unveil its long-awaited Middle East peace plan next month, according to a report by Palestinian Authority newspaper Al Quds.
- Trump: Israel will have to pay a ‘high price’ in peace talks (August 22nd) – U.S. President Donald Trump said during a rally in West Virginia on Tuesday that Israel will have to pay a “high price” in its negotiations with the Palestinian Authority (PA) in return for his decision to move the American embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
US set to announce it rejects Palestinian ‘right of return’ — TV report (August 25th) – Israel’s Hadashot News says Trump Administration will also declare it opposes UN criteria for determining Palestinian refugees, and will move to further weaken UNRWA refugee agency
As Trump administration tightens screws on Iran, top UN official cries foul (August 25th) – A top U.N. expert is taking aim at the Trump administration’s efforts to tighten the screws on Iran’s theocratic regime, saying that U.S. sanctions are “illegitimate” and are driving Iranians into poverty.
Russia Warns Staged “Chemical Provocation” Coming In Syria After Bolton Cites New Intel (August 25th) – Russia is again warning of a new potential chemical provocation in Syria at the end of a week in which US National Security Advisor John Bolton threatened Damascus with a “very strong” military response should allegations emerge amidst the Syrian Army campaign to liberate Idlib.
- US preparing new strikes on Syrian government facilities – Russia’s Defense Ministry (August 25th) – According to the Russian general, the provocation will be staged by terrorists of the Hayat Tahrir ash-Sham terrorist organization (formerly known as Jabhat al-Nusra outlawed in Russia)
Syria, Iran agree to expand defense ties, amid efforts to remove forces (August 27th) – Iran to have ‘presence, participation and assistance’ in reconstruction of country, Tehran defense chief says, despite international bid to get Iran-backed fighters out of country
Iran claims it controls Strait of Hormuz, prompting Pompeo denial (August 27th) – A major shipping route located between Oman and Iran where nearly one-third of the world’s sea-traded oil passes through daily may become a new flashpoint after a top Iranian Navy general said Monday that the country has taken full control of the Strait of Hormuz.
Netanyahu ignores Putin’s alignment with Tehran against a US-Israeli anti-Iran offensive Iran in Syria (August 28th) – After ignoring this development, which turned the military equation in Syria on its head, for two days, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu pledged that the IDF “will continue to act with all possible resolve against Iran’s efforts to transfer military strength and weapons systems into Syria.”
Russia sent a massive naval armada to Syria — and looks to be readying to fight the US (August 28th) – Russia has positioned a considerable naval armada in the Mediterranean near Syria after accusing the US of plotting a false-flag chemical-weapons attack in rebel-held areas — and it looks as if it’s preparing for war with the US.
- A Deadly Storm is Coming in Syria (August 30th) – Russia is preparing its biggest military exercises in close to four decades: 300,000 troops, 36,000 vehicles in its own far east. Meanwhile, nine time zones to its west, Russia is shifting an unprecedented number of warships into the Mediterranean and Russian state media reported that the Russian navy and air force are set to hold large-scale exercises in the Mediterranean Sea in early September.
“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.” (Luke 21:25-26)
“And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.” (Luke 21:11)
“…Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.” (Hosea 4:3)
“I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the Lord. I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumbling blocks with the wicked: and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the Lord.” (Zephaniah 1:2-3)
- Mass Animal Deaths for 2018 – A list of worldwide mass animal deaths for 2018
Hawaii hunkers down as Category 5 Hurricane Lane heads its way (August 22nd) – The National Weather Service said the strengthening storm could bring heavy rain, damaging winds and life-threatening flash flooding.
Hawaii Faces Huge Hurricane: Why That’s So Rare (August 22nd) – But why is it so unusual for Hawaii to find itself in this position at all? It’s an island state in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. And Pacific cyclones regularly reach terrifying intensities when they strike farther to the west.
Over The Last 7 Days Our Planet Has Been Violently Shaken By 144 Major Earthquakes (August 22nd) – Within the past few days, we have seen an enormous magnitude 7.3 earthquake hit Venezuela and a giant magnitude 8.2 earthquake hit Fiji. Where will the next one strike?
Oregon earthquake: Magnitude 6.2 offshore quake shakes Portland (August 22nd) – A strong earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.2 has hit off the coast of Oregon.
‘Big One’ talk swirls as 69 massive earthquakes hit the Pacific’s Ring of Fire in 48 hours (August 22nd) – A large swath of earthquakes hit the Pacific’s so-called Ring of Fire earlier this week, prompting some to wonder if it is a precursor to the oft-discussed massive earthquake, colloquially known as “the Big One.”
- Ring of Fire Bombshell: Are 11,000 earthquakes since July sign of the BIG ONE coming? (August 23rd) – More than 11,000 earthquakes have struck the planet in the last 30 days, with 149 in the past 24 hours alone – but could these powerful tremors be a sign of the Big One coming?
Hurricane Lane brings torrential rains to Hawaii’s Big Island (August 23rd) – Nearly two feet of rain fell on parts of Hawaii’s Big Island as Hurricane Lane approached the state early Friday, causing heavy flooding and landslides that blocked roads — with the worst still yet to come, according to forecasters.
Indonesia earthquake death toll rises to 555 (August 24th) – More than 1,300 people were injured on Lombok island in the major quake and 353,000 are now internally displaced.
Hurricane Lane weakens to tropical storm, but Hawaii flood threat remains (August 24th) – A powerful hurricane that brought torrential rains to Hawaii’s Big Island, closing roads and causing flooding that prompted the rescue of at least 11 people, was downgraded Friday to a tropical storm, but forecasters warned the danger to the islands is not over.
Hurricane Lane Was the Third Wettest U.S. Tropical Cyclone on Record (August 25th) – Hurricane Lane weakened rapidly as it approached Hawaii but still brought flooding to the Big Island where rainfall totals from the storm ranked among the heaviest for any tropical cyclone in U.S. history.
Two dead, 241 injured in Iran earthquake (August 26th) – US Geological Survey says 6.0-magnitude temblor near Iraqi border struck near site of last year’s powerful quake, which killed 620 people
Storm drifts away from Hawaii after ‘almost biblical’ rains (August 26th) – Preliminary figures show that Lane dropped the fourth-highest amount of rain for a hurricane to hit the United States since 1950.
- Indonesia hit by TWO huge earthquakes in five minutes with tremors in Bali and Australia (August 28th) – INDONESIA has been rocked by a huge 6.2 magnitude earthquake of the coast of West Timor, with tremors reported in Bali and Australia.
2018 now worst fire season on record as B.C. extends state of emergency (August 29th) – The B.C. government has extended the provincial state of emergency because of wildfires that have now burned more area than any other season on record. As of Tuesday, more than 12,984 square kilometres of the province had burned, pushing past the previous record set just one year earlier.
- Greece earthquake: Greece hit by TWO ‘extremely strong’ quakes – tremors felt on islands (August 31st) – Greece has been struck by two earthquakes this morning, with witnesses describing the quakes as “extremely strong” – with tremors felt as far away as the tourist hotspot Greek islands.
Super Typhoon Jebi, Earth’s Strongest Storm of 2018, a Threat to Japan Early Next Week (August 31st) – This typhoon season has been a busy one for Japan, with several storms hitting the nation. Yet another one, Super Typhoon Jebi looks to be on a path to hit the country.
Below are other articles on current events:
- Current Events in August
- Current Events in July
- Current Events in June
- Current Events in May
- Current Events in April
Below are videos that help tie the events to what the Bible says and explains their prophetic significance as well:
Mid-East Prophecy Update (September 2nd) – Pastor J.D. talks about the perfect prophetic storm that’s beginning to form.
- Middle East Current Events Update by Behold Israel (August 25th) – Amir’s update on President Trump’s remarks on the peace plan, Syria, Russia, Iran and regional developments in light of the Bible.
- Middle East Current Events Update by Behold Israel (September 1st) – Amir’s update on the Russian build-up of power in Syria in preparation for the battle on Idlib, the continued Iranian entrenchment efforts in Syria and Iraq, the alternative peace plan of the Palestinians and much more.
The World in 2018: Prospects for the Rapture and Prophetic Insights for 2018 – Part 5 by God’s Roadmap to the End (August 29th) – In this video we look at the Revelation 12 sign that was fulfilled on September 23, 2017 in hindsight and what to make of the events occurring in the world today as well as the overwhelming number of signs that are given to us by our Heavenly Father through events happening in the world around us that are clearly associated with Biblical prophecy. All of this pointing us to the imminent Rapture of the Church.
Lastly, here are articles that give a better insight into some of these prophecies and events:
- God And His Fig Tree by Unsealed – An in-depth article on Israel as God’s “fig tree” and what that means prophetically | “The current generation of Israel, sprouting forth since 1948, will not be uprooted as it was in AD 70. Though the nation will be severely beaten and ravaged during the course of the seven-year Tribulation, Israel will remain planted and sprout forth like never before when Messiah’s reign from Jerusalem begins.”
- BREAKING: Jewish Nation-State Bill Becomes Law, Biggest Prophetic Development In 50 Years by Unsealed – “In my estimation, July 19, 2018 will go down in history as one of the most significant dates in Israel’s prophetic history—right up there with May 14, 1948 and June 7, 1967. 1948 was the restoration of the nation-state itself, 1967 the restoration of the nation’s capital, and 2018 the restoration of the nation’s biblical identity.”
- An Overview Of Things To Come by Unsealed – An overview and explanation of what all these signs are pointing to and what Christians are told to watch for (Recent signs and prophecies, 7 year tribulation, millennium reign of Christ)| “We are rapidly approaching the point of no return, where humanity’s actions will tip the scales of God’s wrath. Life as we know it will come crashing to a cataclysmic halt. Christians know it, other religions know it, secular observers know it. “The Apocalypse” is almost upon us. It will be a time of intense chaos, destruction, and confusion. “
- RFID Chips in Humans: Forbidden by Torah, Preventing Redemption by Breaking Israel News – Blurring the boundaries separating man from machine, a technology growing in popularity allows computer chips to be implanted under the skin. This may be prohibited by the Bible but one rabbi warns of a greater danger: the chips could be used as a Nazi-like tool to control the populace.