If you’ve been keeping up with events happening around the world and specifically in the Middle East, you’ll find that many biblically/prophetically significant events are stacking up. If you’re not keeping up then this article is for you as it’s a good resource for articles and videos on events that have been occurring over the month.
Although I believe the events may be significant and relate to the Bible, we should be careful as to how we interpret these events and not be quick to jump to conclusions. We are told to be watchful and awake to the events going around the world but also be able to discern. At the beginning of each section, I included sections of verses to what I believe the events are relating to. I’d recommend you read the surrounding verses and even the chapter for a clearer picture. At the end of the article are links to my previous current events articles as well as links to recommended articles and videos that go into detail regarding the prophecies in these verses for those that aren’t familiar.I hope this comprehensive collection of articles and videos guides you in your own research and deepens your understanding of the events occurring around the world.
This article is composed of 4 sections:
Government/Politics, Middle East/Israel, Nature/Celestial Events, and Society. Feel free to navigate to the section that most interests you.
- “Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching…Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.” (Luke 12:37, 40)
- “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21:34-36)
- “But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.” (1 Thessalonians 5:4-6)
- “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.” (Luke 21:28)
- “Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.” (Revelation 16:15)
“…For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape…” (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3)
Seeking ‘WORLD PEACE,’ Trump says US won’t trade with those who trade with Iran (August 7th) – Saying he’s reimposed ‘most biting sanctions ever’ on Islamic Republic, US president tweets: ‘I am asking for WORLD PEACE, nothing less!’
“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem. And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. (Zechariah 12:2-3)
“Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, And it will be a ruinous heap…” (Isaiah 17:1)
“Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal…” (Ezekiel 38:1-4)
“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.” (Matthew 24:32-34)
Over 150 rockets launched into Israel, woman seriously injured (August 9th) – 5 wounded as Israelis near Gaza sleep in shelters; army strikes over 100 Hamas targets in response to barrages; Hamas says pregnant woman, daughter killed
- IDF topples Hamas headquarters (August 9th) – Israeli fighter jets leveled a five-story building in the Rimal neighborhood of the northern Gaza Strip on Thursday evening as the fighting between Israel and Hamas continues to escalate.
IDF says war in Gaza approaching, communities near Strip could be evacuated (August 9th) – Senior military officials say many troops will be sent to southern front after Palestinian terrorists launch more than 150 rockets, mortar shells overnight.
- Putin meets Iranian president (August 12th) – Russian, Iranian presidents meet on sidelines of Caspian Summit, praise their work to ensure Assad’s victory in Syria.
US warns no one will be ‘fully pleased’ by Israeli-Palestinian peace plan (August 15th) – In joint statement, Trump’s Mideast peace team says only path toward an agreement is for both sides to not get everything they want.
“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.” (Luke 21:25-26)
“And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.” (Luke 21:11)
“…Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.” (Hosea 4:3)
“I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the Lord. I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumbling blocks with the wicked: and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the Lord.” (Zephaniah 1:2-3)
- Mass Animal Deaths for 2018 – A list of worldwide mass animal deaths for 2018
Europe’s heat record could be broken in Spain and Portugal (August 2nd) – As Europe bakes in another heatwave, forecasters say the all-time temperature record could be broken in the coming days.
Sweden’s tallest peak shrinks as extreme heat wave bakes Europe (August 2nd) – Sweden’s tallest peak is on course to lose that title as a persistent heat wave melts away inches of the glacier atop it daily. The height of Kebnekaise mountain dropped by 13 feet during July, according to the latest measurements.
143 MPH Fire Tornado Ripped Through Redding During Carr Fire (August 2nd) – It’s the kind of finding one would suspect from National Weather Service investigators along Tornado Alley in the wake of a deadly storm front.
Toxic red tide is making Floridians sick — and angry (August 3rd) – Red tides in the Gulf of Mexico and toxic blue-green algae in inland waters are killing animals and stoking outrage in South Florida.
- 148,000 displaced after record-breaking floods hit Myanmar (August 3rd) – Heavy monsoon rains affecting Myanmar since July 9 have caused the worst floods the country has seen in 30 years. More than 148 000 people have been displaced, at least 16 killed and nearly 28 000 still in their flooded homes, as of August 2. More heavy rainfall is expected in the weeks ahead.
- California’s Carr Fire may have unleashed the most intense fire tornado ever observed in the U.S. (August 3rd) – A tornado? Scary. Wildfire? Horrific. A tornado made out of fire? Just about the most terrifying thing Mother Nature can whip up.
More than 90 killed after 6.9 magnitude earthquake strikes Indonesia’s Lombok Island, near Bali (August 5th) – A powerful earthquake near the popular tourist mecca of Bali killed at least 91 people and wounded hundreds more, damaging thousands of homes and other buildings as people were seen running into the streets screaming.
- Snow during a heatwave? Mysterious weather strikes Italy with 30cm ‘snow blanket’ amid 35C (August 5th) – A mysterious ice blast covered an Italian island in a 30cm-deep ‘snow blanket’ after the temperatures suddenly plunged yesterday from 35C to 12C despite a record-breaking heatwave across the continent.
Climate change: ‘Hothouse Earth’ risks even if CO2 emissions slashed (August 6th) – It may sound like the title of a low budget sci-fi movie, but for planetary scientists, “Hothouse Earth” is a deadly serious concept. Researchers believe we could soon cross a threshold leading to boiling hot temperatures and towering seas in the centuries to come.
Earthquake on Indonesia’s Lombok and Bali islands kills dozens (August 6th) – “There is so much destruction everywhere,” one witness told NBC News. “In some parts you can see entire villages where the houses are all damaged.”
Mendocino Complex fires become largest in California history (August 6th) – Two wildfires blazing in California, known as the Mendocino Complex fire, became the largest recorded in state history on Monday, crossing a grim milestone. The fire, in Colusa, Lake and Mendocino counties, has killed two people and burned almost 283,800 acres as of Monday. It has destroyed at least 143 structures, including 75 homes, according to Cal Fire officials. More than 9,000 structures remain under threat.
California wildfire declared ‘largest in state’s history’ (August 7th) – Twin wildfires in California, known as the Mendocino Complex Fire, have grown to become the largest active wildfire in state history, officials said on Monday.
- It’s not just in Florida! Ecosystems collapse around the world as seagulls drop from the sky, millions of fish are dying, and whales are stranding unusually (August 8th) – While hundreds of thousands of aquatic animals are being killed by a devastating and unprecedented red tide in Florida, other parts in the world have also recorded many unusual animal mass die-offs these days. Here a long list of frightening examples.
- Burn-baby-burn: It’s too late to put out the fire! Scientists claim a domino effect around the world will result in a ‘hothouse Earth’ state (August 8th) – It’s like the script of a Hollywood Si-Fi film and Bible prophecy and as many of us have seen in the Northern Hemisphere this summer our biggest nightmare.
- Indonesia earthquake death toll: 347 dead as Lombok hit by SEVENTH huge quake in 3 days (August 9th) – Indonesia earthquake effects have been catastrophic in the last few days as the major tremors have given way to a steadily rising death toll. The latest estimations now show the number of people killed in the disaster is pushing 300.
Kerala floods: Monsoon waters kill hundreds in Indian state (August 16th) – At least 324 people have been killed in flooding in the southern Indian state of Kerala in what local officials say is the worst flooding in 100 years.
“But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power…” (II Timothy 3:1-5)
“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. (John 15:18-21)
“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron…” (1 Timothy 4:1-2)
A Sign of the Times? Pastor Greg Laurie Forced to Remove Billboards Featuring the Bible (August 6th) – Evangelist Greg Laurie has been forced to take down a series of billboards depicting him holding a Bible, advertising his upcoming “Harvest” outreach. The ads had been posted at a popular mall in Southern California.
German couple jailed for selling son to paedophiles on dark net (August 7th) – A woman who sold her son to paedophiles on the dark net has been jailed for 12 years and six months by a court in southern Germany.
- Satanic Temple statue unveiled at the Arkansas State Capitol (August 16th) – Dozens attended a rally held by the Satanic Temple at the Arkansas State Capitol on Thursday. The rally comes after the Arkansas legislature approved the placement of a Ten Commandments monument on the Capitol grounds.
Below are other articles on current events:
Below are videos that help tie the events to what the Bible says and explains their prophetic significance as well:
- Bible Prophecy Update (August 12th) – Pastor J.D. talks about why Russia, Iran, and Turkey have to make their move against Israel very soon.
- Middle East Current Events Update by Behold Israel (August 11th) – Amir’s update on the conflict with Hamas in Gaza, the Syrian army reconstruction, the plunging economies of Iran and Turkey and much more.
Lastly, here are articles that give a better insight into some of these prophecies and events:
- God And His Fig Tree by Unsealed – An in-depth article on Israel as God’s “fig tree” and what that means prophetically | “The current generation of Israel, sprouting forth since 1948, will not be uprooted as it was in AD 70. Though the nation will be severely beaten and ravaged during the course of the seven-year Tribulation, Israel will remain planted and sprout forth like never before when Messiah’s reign from Jerusalem begins.”
- BREAKING: Jewish Nation-State Bill Becomes Law, Biggest Prophetic Development In 50 Years by Unsealed – “In my estimation, July 19, 2018 will go down in history as one of the most significant dates in Israel’s prophetic history—right up there with May 14, 1948 and June 7, 1967. 1948 was the restoration of the nation-state itself, 1967 the restoration of the nation’s capital, and 2018 the restoration of the nation’s biblical identity.”
- An Overview Of Things To Come by Unsealed – An overview and explanation of what all these signs are pointing to and what Christians are told to watch for (Recent signs and prophecies, 7 year tribulation, millennium reign of Christ)| “We are rapidly approaching the point of no return, where humanity’s actions will tip the scales of God’s wrath. Life as we know it will come crashing to a cataclysmic halt. Christians know it, other religions know it, secular observers know it. “The Apocalypse” is almost upon us. It will be a time of intense chaos, destruction, and confusion. “