If you’ve been keeping up with events happening around the world and specifically in the Middle East, you’ll find that many biblically/prophetically significant events are stacking up. If you’re not keeping up then this article is for you as it’s a good resource for articles and videos on events that have been occurring over the month.
Although I believe the events may be significant and relate to the Bible, we should be careful as to how we interpret these events and not be quick to jump to conclusions. We are told to be watchful and awake to the events going around the world but also be able to discern. At the beginning of each section, I included sections of verses to what I believe the events are relating to. I’d recommend you read the surrounding verses and even the chapter for a clearer picture. At the end of the article are links to my previous current events articles as well as links to recommended articles and videos that go into detail regarding the prophecies in these verses for those that aren’t familiar.I hope this comprehensive collection of articles and videos guides you in your own research and deepens your understanding of the events occurring around the world.
This article is composed of 3 sections:
Middle East/Israel, Nature/Celestial Events, and Society. Feel free to navigate to the section that most interests you.
- “Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching…Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.” (Luke 12:37, 40)
- “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21:34-36)
- “But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.” (1 Thessalonians 5:4-6)
- “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.” (Luke 21:28)
- “Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.” (Revelation 16:15)
“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem. And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. (Zechariah 12:2-3)
“Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, And it will be a ruinous heap…” (Isaiah 17:1)
“Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal…” (Ezekiel 38:1-4)
“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.” (Matthew 24:32-34)
- Trump: US and Russia to work jointly for Israel’s security (July 17th) – Following historic meeting in Helsinki, Trump and Putin announce new coordinated efforts for Israel’s security from Iranian forces and Syria; Both call for compliance with Treaty of 1974; US House Subcommittee to hold hearing on Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights.
- The State of Israel is born again: 9 things to know (July 19th) – The nation-state bill, a Conservative rabbi being detained, Viktor Orban’s arrival and Facebook defending Holocaust denial are all condemned; the government doesn’t seem to care
- Jewish nation state: Israel approves controversial bill (July 19th) – Israel’s parliament has passed a controversial law characterizing the country as principally a Jewish state, fueling anger among its Arab minority.
- With war looming, Israel girds for more violence in Gaza (July 20th) – Palestinian protesters expected to converge on border fence Friday, in key test of whether the sides can retreat from brink
- Israel launches massive air raid on Gaza – IDF (July 20th) – The Israeli military has started a broad air attack on Hamas position in the Gaza Strip, the Israeli Defense Forces said in a statement. It comes after one IDF soldier was killed in serious border clashes on the Gaza border.
- Egypt warned Hamas: Israel will go to war ‘in two hours’ if you respond to raids (July 21st) – An unofficial ceasefire reached overnight Friday-Saturday between Israel and Hamas came after Egypt warned the Palestinian terror group that Israel would launch a war “in two hours” if Hamas responded to IDF retaliatory strikes in Gaza following the killing of an IDF soldier by Palestinian sniper fire, Israeli television reported Saturday.
- Conflagration on Israel-Syria Border (July 24th) – Israel shot down a Syrian warplane that reportedly entered Israeli airspace on Tuesday afternoon, as red alert sirens sounded in the Golan for the second time in two days.
- Syria says response to fighter jet’s downing ‘will come soon enough’ — report (July 25th) – A Syrian official warned Tuesday night that his country will respond “soon enough” to the IDF shooting down a regime fighter jet after it entered Israel’s airspace, according to a Lebanese news site.
- UN Mideast envoy: Israel, Hamas were ‘minutes away’ from war (July 25th) – The UN Mideast envoy said Tuesday that Israel and Hamas were “minutes away” from another “devastating confrontation” in Gaza on Saturday — a clash averted after UN and Egyptian diplomatic efforts got both sides to “step back from the brink.”
- Syria regime now on Israel’s doorstep after seizing Quneitra province (July 27th) – Assad’s forces raise flag in buffer zone bordering strategic Israeli Golan Heights following ouster of rebels
“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.” (Luke 21:25-26)
“And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.” (Luke 21:11)
“…Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.” (Hosea 4:3)
“I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the Lord. I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumbling blocks with the wicked: and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the Lord.” (Zephaniah 1:2-3)
“And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.” (Revelation 11:13-14)
- Mass animal die offs – A list of worldwide mass animal deaths for 2018, with pages also for mass die offs from the previous 7 years.
- After deadly floods, now dangerous heatwave kills at least 8 in Japan – Thousands suffer from exhaustion and man gets stuck in tarmac (July 16th) – After deadly floods, dramatic landslides and a strong quake 10 days ago, now a deadly heatwave is currently sitting over the country and doesn’t seem to decrease in intensity.
- Biblical Pillars of Smoke and Fire Spotted in Arizona (July 17th) – In a bizarre elemental display, a raging wildfire in Mohave, Arizona, created a swirling updraft, in turn forming a pillar of fire and smoke. Even more bizarre was when the blaze reached the river, and the swirling smoke over the water was suddenly transformed into a waterspout.
- Part of Grand Teton National Park near Yellowstone supervolcano closed after massive fissure opens (July 18th) – A 100-foot crack at Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming have prompted officials to close certain areas to tourists.
- ISRAEL IS NOT READY FOR A MAJOR EARTHQUAKE (July 18th) – The State Comptroller’s Office stated that according to information received by the government, the situation it needs to prepare for could result in an estimated 7,000 people killed, another 8,600 seriously injured, 37,000 lightly injured, 9,500 trapped in rubble and 170,000 left homeless.
- The Arctic Is Burning: Wildfires Rage from Sweden to Alaska (July 18th) – There are currently 11 wildfires blazing in the Arctic circle, The Guardian reported Wednesday. While fires are also raging in Russia, Norway and Finland, Sweden has seen the most extensive Arctic fires, which have forced four communities to evacuate, according to The Guardian.
- The Weekly Volcanic Activity Report: July 11 – 18, 2018 (July 19th) – New activity/unrest was reported for 7 volcanoes between July 11 and 18, 2018. During the same period, ongoing activity was reported for 13 volcanoes.
- Japan heatwave: Warnings issued amid scorching temperatures (July 21st) – People across Japan have been urged to take precautions against a heatwave that has killed about 30 people.
- Geologists say the Hawaii volcano eruption could last for months, or even years (July 23rd) – Geologists monitoring the eruption of the Kilauea volcano say it could continue to spout lava for a long time.
- At least 5 dead, 728 000 affected as monsoon rains hit Philippines (July 23rd) – Heavy monsoon rains affecting the Philippines over the past 7 days claimed lives of at least 5 people and affected more than 700 000 people
- Japan heatwave declared natural disaster as death toll mounts (July 24th) – Japan’s weather agency has declared a heatwave sweeping the country a natural disaster, with at least 65 deaths recorded in the past week.
- Greece wildfires: Search for missing family members after 80 people die (July 25th) – Greek authorities are looking for dozens of people missing after the deadly wildfires near Athens.At least 80 people have died, and a search continues for survivors who fled the blaze, including those who escaped to sea by boat.
- UK heatwave: Temperature record could be broken this week (July 25th) – The UK’s all-time temperature record could be broken by Friday as the hot and dry summer continues. Highs of up to 37C (99F) are forecast in southern, eastern and central England, but the Met Office says “if conditions all come together”, the record of 38.5C (101F) could be beaten.
- Deadly wildfires and killer heatwaves are ripping through the planet from Athens and Sweden to Los Angeles and Japan (July 25th) – Across Europe, North America and Japan, searing heat and devastating wildfires have also left tens of thousands in hospital.
- The Weekly Volcanic Activity Report: July 18 – 24, 2018 (July 26th) – New activity/unrest was reported for 7 volcanoes between July 18 and 24, 2018. During the same period, ongoing activity was reported for 15 volcanoes.
- Blood Moon Eclipse: Good or Bad Omen for Israel? (July 26th) – “People may try to interpret this as having significance for world politics but the lunar eclipse is an omen for Israel,” Rabbi Brody explained to Breaking Israel News. “If anything, this may be a warning specifically for Israel and potential war from the east. In today’s context, that might be Iran.”
- Athens flash floods: Greek capital hit by flash floods just days after devastating wildfire kills 80 (July 26th) – A flash flood has struck an Athens suburb just days after the devastating wildfire ripped through parts of Greece killed at least 80 people.
- Climate change is supercharging a hot and dangerous summer (July 26th) – This is a hot, strange and dangerous summer across the planet.
- Strange 10-foot cliff appears “out of nowhere” on Outer Banks beach, North Carolina (July 26th) – One of North Carolina’s popular Outer Banks beaches abruptly closed Tuesday, not for deadly rip currents or sharks, but for a 10-foot cliff that seemed to come out of nowhere.
- 4.2 magnitude earthquake rocks northern Israel (July 27th) – Less than a week after 3.4 magnitude tremor rattles the region following a string of minor earthquakes, northern Kinneret struck by yet another; ‘The bed just jumped.’
- Carr fire: California blaze leaves five dead (July 28th) – A wildfire in northern California has killed five people, including two children and their great-grandmother, and forced tens of thousands of people to flee their homes.
- Typhoon Jongdari: Japan storm cuts power to thousands (July 29th) – A powerful storm has hit central and western Japan, injuring at least 21 people and cutting power to tens of thousands of homes.
- Rabbi: How Can You Not Notice the Signs of Messiah? (July 30th) – Several rabbis are pointing to last week’s rare lunar eclipse and continued earthquakes as a divine pre-Messianic wake-up call. In fact, it isn’t only the rabbis. Even Arab sources are labeling the recent earthquakes as part of the end-of-days conflict centered around Jerusalem.
“But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power…” (II Timothy 3:1-5)
“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. (John 15:18-21)
- Christians are MOST persecuted religion in the world – CHRISTIANS are the most persecuted religion in the world as they face mounting pressure over their beliefs, with government restrictions, nationalist parties, and harassment aimed at minority faiths continuing on a global upswing.
- South Dakota mom gets 40 years in prison for killing son, 2, after he wet the bed (July 19th) – A South Dakota mother who beat her 2-year-old son to death because he wet the bed was sentenced to 40 years in federal prison Tuesday.
- Worcester ‘acid attack’: Boy aged three injured (July 22nd) – A three-year-old boy has been seriously injured in a suspected acid attack in a shop. The boy was “deliberately attacked” at Home Bargains in Worcester at 14:15 BST on Saturday, West Mercia Police said.
- Jiangxi Churches Asked to Replace Crosses With Flag, Image of Chinese President (July 25th) – Churches across Jiangxi received a warning from local authorities in early July, demanding that they dismantle their crosses, replace them with either an image of Chinese President Xi Jinping or the national flag, and keep their children away from church.
- Christians in Iran Seized from Homes, Including Violent Imprisonment of Pastor (July 25th) – Pastor Nadarkhani, a convert from Islam like the others arrested, was awaiting a summons to begin a 10-year prison sentence after his appeal of a conviction for “propagating house churches” and promoting “Zionist Christianity” was upheld in May.
Below are other articles on current events:
- Current Events (July 1st – 15th, 2018)
- Current Events (June 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (May 19th & May 26th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (May 13th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (May 5th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 28th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 21st, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 13th, 2018)
Below are videos that help tie the events to what the Bible says and explains their prophetic significance as well:
- Bible Prophecy Update – Jerusalem Israel Netanyahu Jewish Nation State Law (July 29th) – Pastor J.D. offers hope in the face of a very significant development prophetically.
- Middle East Current Events Update by Behold Israel (July 30th) – Amir’s update on the Russian presence on the Israeli border, the attack of ISIS on the Syrian Druze, the release of the American pastor in Turkey, an update on his ministry tour in New Zealand and much more.
Lastly, here are articles that give a better insight into some of these prophecies and events:
- God And His Fig Tree by Unsealed – An in-depth article on Israel as God’s “fig tree” and what that means prophetically | “The current generation of Israel, sprouting forth since 1948, will not be uprooted as it was in AD 70. Though the nation will be severely beaten and ravaged during the course of the seven-year Tribulation, Israel will remain planted and sprout forth like never before when Messiah’s reign from Jerusalem begins.”
- BREAKING: Jewish Nation-State Bill Becomes Law, Biggest Prophetic Development In 50 Years by Unsealed – “In my estimation, July 19, 2018 will go down in history as one of the most significant dates in Israel’s prophetic history—right up there with May 14, 1948 and June 7, 1967. 1948 was the restoration of the nation-state itself, 1967 the restoration of the nation’s capital, and 2018 the restoration of the nation’s biblical identity.”
- An Overview Of Things To Come by Unsealed – An overview and explanation of what all these signs are pointing to and what Christians are told to watch for (Recent signs and prophecies, 7 year tribulation, millennium reign of Christ)| “We are rapidly approaching the point of no return, where humanity’s actions will tip the scales of God’s wrath. Life as we know it will come crashing to a cataclysmic halt. Christians know it, other religions know it, secular observers know it. “The Apocalypse” is almost upon us. It will be a time of intense chaos, destruction, and confusion. “