If you’ve been keeping up with events happening around the world and specifically in the Middle East, you’ll find that many biblically/prophetically significant events are stacking up. If you’re not keeping up then this article is for you as it’s a good resource for articles and videos on events that have been occurring over the month.
Although I believe the events may be significant and relate to the Bible, we should be careful as to how we interpret these events and not be quick to jump to conclusions. We are told to be watchful and awake to the events going around the world but also be able to discern. At the beginning of each section, I included sections of verses to what I believe the events are relating to. I’d recommend you read the surrounding verses and even the chapter for a clearer picture. At the end of the article are links to my previous current events articles as well as links to recommended articles and videos that go into detail regarding the prophecies in these verses for those that aren’t familiar.I hope this comprehensive collection of articles and videos guides you in your own research and deepens your understanding of the events occurring around the world.
This article is composed of 4 sections: Midde East/Israel, Government/Politics, and Nature/Celestial Events, Society. Feel free to navigate to the section that most interests you.
- “Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching…Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.” (Luke 12:37, 40)
- “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21:34-36)
- “But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.” (1 Thessalonians 5:4-6)
- “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.” (Luke 21:28)
- “Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.” (Revelation 16:15)
“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem. And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. (Zechariah 12:2-3)
“Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, And it will be a ruinous heap…” (Isaiah 17:1)
“Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal…” (Ezekiel 38:1-4)
“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.” (Matthew 24:32-34)
- Slovakia begins process of relocating embassy to Jerusalem (July 5th) – Slovakia confirms process for relocating embassy to Jerusalem, announces opening of cultural center; Slovakian official: Slovakia is on its way to relocating its embassy to Jerusalem.
- Israel Will Not Tolerate Even One Syrian Soldier on Border, Defense Minister Warns (July 10th) – Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman says Israel will hold the Syrian regime responsible for terror infrastructure in the Syrian Golan Heights
- Israel Ranked Eighth Most Powerful Country in the World (July 11th) – Israel has been ranked as the eighth most powerful country in the world, in an annual poll compiled by U.S. News and World Reports.
- Bible & News Week Roundup (July 12th) – This week, the earth started shaking in Israel with over 15 minor quakes in less than ten days | An Israeli strike on Iranian targets in Syria, a penetration of a Syrian drone to Israeli airspace and a visit of our Prime Minister to Moscow are again some important reminders of the soon deterioration on the Syrian front that might lead to the outbreak of the war we all know of.
- Netanyahu vows no end to Gaza strikes until Hamas ‘gets the message’ (July 14th) – Palestinians fire more than 100 projectiles into Israel, hit synagogue; Liberman reportedly conveys Israel’s demands to Hamas, including end to incendiary kite, balloon attacks
- Security Cabinet to convene for emergency meeting as Gaza violence intensifies (July 14th) – Egypt, UN envoy reportedly working to broker a ceasefire between Israel and Palestinian terror groups after one of the heaviest days of fighting since 2014
- Gaza Flare-up: 2 Palestinian Teens Killed, 4 Israelis Wounded After Widest Strikes Since ’14 War (July 15th) – Hamas announces cease-fire following international mediation efforts | Israeli army says it struck 40 Hamas targets throughout Gaza | More than 160 rocket alarm sirens sound in southern Israel | 190 rockets fired at Israel, 37 intercepted by Iron Dome
- Israel deals ‘hardest blow’ to Hamas since 2014 Gaza war (July 15th) – Israel has carried out its biggest attack against Hamas militant targets in Gaza since the war in 2014, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says.
“…For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape…” (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3)
- China wants to be “keeper of peace and stability” in the Middle East (July 10th) – While pledging $23 billion in loans and aid, President Xi Jinping told members of the Arab League today that China would like to form a strategic partnership to become “the keeper of peace and stability in the Middle East…
“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.” (Luke 21:25-26)
“And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.” (Luke 21:11)
“…Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.” (Hosea 4:3)
“I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the Lord. I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumbling blocks with the wicked: and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the Lord.” (Zephaniah 1:2-3)
- Mass animal die offs – A list of worldwide mass animal deaths for 2018, with pages also for mass die offs from the previous 7 years.
- For second time in a day, earthquake rocks Israel (July 4th) – A 4.5 earthquake was felt at 10:46pm on Wednesday in northern and central Israel, according to the Geophysical Institute of Israel, rocking the country for a second time in one day.
- Bali volcano explodes, unleashing panic across the island (July 5th) – A volcano on the Indonesian holiday island of Bali erupted Monday, sending rocks and lava spewing into the air and unleashing a wave of panic across the island.
- Something is Shaking: Four Galilee Earthquakes in One Day (July 5th) – Northern Israel was shaken by four small earthquakes in less than 24 hours on Wednesday and though it is impossible to absolutely predict seismic activity, seismologists warn that the region is due for a major shake-up.
- More than 110 dead as record rain floods Japan, 50 000 rescuers mobilized (July 7th) – More than 110 people were killed and 87 are missing as record rains continue falling over parts of Japan.
- Japan floods: At least 60 killed in deluges and landslides (July 8th) – Flooding and landslides have killed at least 60 people and left dozens missing in western areas of Japan.
- Historic rainfall in Japan leaves authorities in a state of confusion (July 10th) – More than 149 people have died and 59 are still missing 5 days after the onset of the worst rainfall Japan has seen in at least 35 years.
- Global Heatwave Shatters Records (July 10th) – While major heat wave is bringing record-breaking temperatures to Southern California, another heatwave has already killed 54 people in Quebec, Canada, and Britain is baking and its roads are melting.
- The Most Powerful Storm on Earth Is Bearing Down on Japan (July 11) – The storm has ping-ponged between being the equivalent of a Category 4 and Category 5 storm since late last week. Maria could clip Japan’s Ryukyu Islands and Taiwan before slamming into China’s central coast on Wednesday, dumping heavy rains along the way. That could be a huge issue in Japan, which is already reeling from historic flooding that’s left at least 109 dead and 2 million ready evacuate.
- Japan rains disaster toll rises to 200: Government (July 12th) -The toll in record rains that have devastated parts of Japan rose Thursday to 200, with dozens still missing, a top government spokesman said.
- Öræfajökull volcano showing clear signs of unrest, Iceland (July 14th) – Öræfajökull volcano in southeastern Iceland, the largest active volcano and the highest peak in Iceland, is showing clear signs of unrest with an inflation phase for at least a year and a half
- After tremors, experts warn a huge quake is the greatest threat facing Israel (July 14th) – After a series of minor tremors rattled northern Israel over the last two weeks, experts warned that the country is negligently unprepared for a major earthquake that would likely kill thousands of people, including many children.
“But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power…” (II Timothy 3:1-5)
“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. (John 15:18-21)
- “President Buhari, Please Stop the Muslim Slaughter of Nigerian Christians” (July 2nd) – Babies are being hacked to death. Children kidnapped. Women raped and savaged. Young and old burned alive. Houses destroyed, livestock plundered. Muslim herdsmen are massacring their Christian neighbors while the Nigerian media misreports and the Nigerian government refuses to act.
Below are other articles on current events:
- Current Events (June 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (May 19th & May 26th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (May 13th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (May 5th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 28th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 21st, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 13th, 2018)
Below are videos that help tie the events to what the Bible says and explains their prophetic significance as well:
- Bible Prophecy Update by Pastor JD Farag: It Centers on Jerusalem (July 1st) – Pastor J.D. explains why recent developments point to Bible prophecy concerning Jerusalem.
- Middle East Current Events by Behold Israel (July 5th) – Amir’s update from Lisbon on recent developments in Syria, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the Gaza Strip and much more.
- The July 27, 2018 Blood Moon | A Sixth Seal Apocalyptic Eclipse? … or NOT (July 5th) – What are the events of the sixth seal? Does this 2018 eclipse play a part? Scott breaks it all down in the fascinating bible study!
- Mid-East Prophecy Update by Pastor JD Farag (July 15th) – Pastor J.D. talks about a great earthquake in Israel at the time of Ezekiel 38’s fulfillment.
Lastly, here are articles that give a better insight into some of these prophecies and events:
- God And His Fig Tree by Unsealed – An in-depth article on Israel as God’s “fig tree” and what that means prophetically | “The current generation of Israel, sprouting forth since 1948, will not be uprooted as it was in AD 70. Though the nation will be severely beaten and ravaged during the course of the seven-year Tribulation, Israel will remain planted and sprout forth like never before when Messiah’s reign from Jerusalem begins.”