If you’ve been keeping up with events happening around the world and specifically in the Middle East, you’ll find that many biblically/prophetically significant events are stacking up. If you’re not keeping up then this article is for you as it’s a good resource for articles and videos on events that have been occurring over the month.
Although I believe the events may be significant and relate to the Bible, we should be careful as to how we interpret these events and not be quick to jump to conclusions. We are told to be watchful and awake to the events going around the world but also be able to discern. At the beginning of each section, I included sections of verses to what I believe the events are relating to. I’d recommend you read the surrounding verses and even the chapter for a clearer picture. At the end of the article are links to my previous current events articles as well as links to recommended articles and videos that go into detail regarding the prophecies in these verses for those that aren’t familiar.I hope this comprehensive collection of articles and videos guides you in your own research and deepens your understanding of the events occurring around the world.
This article is composed of 5 sections: Midde East/Israel, Government/Politics, Natural Disasters/Celestial Events, Society, and Technology. Feel free to navigate to the section that most interests you.
- “Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching…Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.” (Luke 12:37, 40)
- “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21:34-36)
- “But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.” (1 Thessalonians 5:4-6)
- “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.” (Luke 21:28)
- “Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.” (Revelation 16:15)
“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem. And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. (Zechariah 12:2-3)
“Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, And it will be a ruinous heap…” (Isaiah 17:1)
“Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal…” (Ezekiel 38:1-4)
“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.” (Matthew 24:32-34)
- Arab Media: Russia Green-lights Israeli Military Actions Against Iranian Military in Syria (June 1st) – An Arabic news source reported on the ongoing negotiations between Israel and Russia concerning the Iranian military presence in Syria, stating that Russia has agreed to “a green light” for Israeli military strikes against Iranian military target.
- Rioters in Gaza Resume Arson Kite Attacks Against Israel (June 5th) – Palestinians from the Gaza Strip once again launched burning kites at civilian communities on the Israeli side of the border Tuesday, setting hundreds of dunams of farmland alight adjacent to Kibbutz Nir Am, Sapir College and Netiv Ha’Asara.
- UN General Assembly Gets Set to Condemn Israel’s for Defending Border Against Gaza (June 10th) – The Palestinian Authority announced on Friday that Kuwait will call for an emergency session in the United Nations General Assembly on Wednesday to vote on a resolution that would condemn Israel for using excessive force in protecting its southern border from Hamas-led riots
- Trump’s Mideast team to push peace plan in region (June 13th) – The White House says President Donald Trump’s Mideast negotiating team will visit the region next week as it finalizes its as-yet unveiled Israeli-Palestinian peace plan and will hold talks on deteriorating conditions in the Gaza Strip. The trip comes as officials say the Trump administration is near completion of the plan with an eye on a possible release this summer.
- UN General Assembly condemns Israel for ‘excessive’ force at Gaza border (June 14th) – After US amendment censuring Hamas is rejected on procedural grounds, 120 countries vote in favor of resolution calling for ‘protection’ for Palestinian civilians
- Palestinians fire 3 rockets at south as IDF strikes Gaza (June 18th) – Israeli aircraft conduct raids in northern Strip, hitting nine Hamas targets; no reports of injuries as projectiles launched toward Ashkelon; one rocket falls short
- Trump Administration to soon reveal Middle East peace plan (June 24th) – The Trump Administration announced it would soon reveal its Middle East peace plan following meetings with regional officials in Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
“…For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape…” (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3)
- Trump, Kim meet for historic handshake and summit (June 12th) – The first sitting US and North Korean leaders to meet, they shake hands and attempt to negotiate to end a decades-old nuclear stand-off
- Full text of the U.S.-North Korea agreement signed by Trump, Kim (June 12th) – The document signed by the leaders pledges “the building of a lasting and robust peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.”
Natural Disasters/Celestial Events
“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.” (Luke 21:25-26)
“And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.” (Luke 21:11)
- Guatemala volcano: Dozens die as Fuego volcano erupts (June 4th) – Guatemala’s most violent volcanic eruption in more than a century has killed 62 people, officials say.
- Guatemala volcano: Search after deadly eruption (June 5th) – Soldiers are helping firefighters search for missing people after Sunday’s horrific volcanic eruption in Guatemala, when torrents of superheated rock, ash and mud destroyed villages.
- Hawaii volcano eruption so fierce it causes 5.5m EARTHQUAKE as ash spews 8,000 feet (June 5th) – HAWAII’S Big Island has been rocked by a magnitude 5.5 earthquake at a depth of 1.14km and 5km south-west of Kilauea Volcano, near Crater Rim Drive, Pahoa, according to the US Geological Survey.
- Guatemala volcano eruption: SECOND volcano Pacaya spews lava as death toll rises (June 7th) – GUATEMALA continues scrambling to pick up the pieces after the devastating eruption of Volcan de Fuego, as the death toll rises to 99. Now, a second nearby volcano has shown signs of activity. Here is all the latest news and updates.
- Kilauea Volcano — Fissure 8 Flow: From Vent to Sea (June 14th) – A helicopter overflight video of the lower East Rift Zone on June 14, 2018, around 6:00 AM, shows lava fountaining at fissure 8 feeding channelized lava flows that flow into the ocean.
- Guatemala shaken by earthquake as 5.6 magnitude tremor hits (June 18th) – An earthquake of 5.6 magnitude has hit the country of Guatemala, according to the US Geological Survey (USGS)
- At least four killed, more than 300 injured after strong earthquake rattles Osaka (June 18th) – One of the most powerful earthquakes to rock the Kansai region in decades struck Osaka and neighboring prefectures Monday morning, leaving at least four people dead and more than 300 injured.
- Heavy monsoon rain triggers Mon State’s worst floods in 40 years, Myanmar (June 19th) – Record-breaking monsoon rains affecting Myanmar’s Mon State since June 16, 2018, triggered landslides and worst floods parts of the state have seen in more than 40 years.
- The volcanic unrest continues: Eruptions at Anak-Krakatau and Sinabung in Indonesia, Shinmoedake in Japan and Telica in Nicaragua (June 22nd) – The volcanic unrest continues around the world with eruptions at Anak-Krakatau and Sinabung in Indonesia, Shinmoedake in Japan, Telica in Nicaragua and Kilauea in Hawaii in the last 2 days.
- Kilauea Unrest Continues, No Sign of Slowing Down (June 26th) – Lava fountains from fissure no. 8 continue to feed a channelized flow headed toward the sea, while at least two other fissures are also active.
“…Knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”” (II Peter 3:3-4)
“And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.” (Luke 17:26-27)
“But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power…” (II Timothy 3:1-5)
“If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. (John 15:18-21)
- Italians shocked by man’s selfie after train accident in Piacenza (June 4th) – When a Canadian woman was hit by a train and badly injured in northern Italy, rescue services quickly went to her aid on the tracks. But as they treated the victim a young man captured the scene from the station platform in a selfie that has provoked widespread anger.
- Inverted crosses installed by Dark Mofo offend some in Christian community (June 7th) – Christians fear the organizers of Dark Mofo are inviting dark forces to Hobart by displaying inverted crosses around the city.
- Christians Could Be Killed Off in Nigeria by 2043 If Massacres Continue, Leaders Warn (June 25th) – Nigerian Christian leaders have warned that if the current rate of massacres continue, with hundreds of believers being killed each month, Africa’s most-populous nation is on the brink of decimating its Christian population by 2043.
- A DOZEN CHRISTIAN VILLAGES IN NIGERIA WIPED OUT IN FOUR-DAY KILLING SPREE (June 29th) – Most of the victims were in their homes sleeping when the attacks began … when Muslim Fulani militant herdsmen began their killing spree in Nigeria that lasted four days, Thursday through Sunday evening and into Monday.
“…He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” (Revelation 13:16-17)
CRISPR Doesn’t Cause Unintended Mutations in Monkeys, Study Finds (June 18th) – For all the excitement surrounding CRISPR, there’s an essential question that is still unanswered: will it do only what we want?
- BIOHACKERS: THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN SWEDEN ARE INSERTING HUMAN IMPLANTABLE NFC MICROCHIPS IN THE BACKS OF THEIR HANDS (June 26th) – Thousands of people in Sweden have inserted microchips, which can function as contactless credit cards, key cards and even rail cards, into their bodies
Below are other articles on current events (As of this article, I decided to change it from weekly to bi-monthly starting with next month, as there’s too much to keep track of):
- Current Events in the Middle East (May 19th & May 26th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (May 13th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (May 5th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 28th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 21st, 2018)
- Current events in the Middle East (April 13th, 2018)