If you’ve been keeping up with events happening around the world and specifically in the Middle East, you’ll find that many prophetically significant events are stacking up as the region is in turmoil. If you’re not keeping up then this article is for you as it’s a good resource for articles and videos on events that have been occurring for the past couple of weeks. Before moving on, there are 3 main prophecies that are currently being focused on regarding recent events in the Middle East and specifically, Israel (Jerusalem): Zechariah 12, Isaiah 17, and Ezekiel 38.
“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it”, (Zechariah 12:2-3)
“The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap…Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters! The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind. And behold at eveningtide trouble; and before the morning he is not. This is the portion of them that spoil us, and the lot of them that rob us”, (Isaiah 17:1, 12-14)
“And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee”, (Ezekiel 38:1-6)
Zechariah 12 is about God using Jerusalem as a stumbling block to the nations that attempt to break her apart or destroy her. Ezekiel 38 talks about a future coalition of nations that will make war against Israel but will be defeated by God himself.
- Iran denies any of its troops killed in suspected Israeli strike in Syria (May 26th, 2018) – Military official dismisses report that 9 Iranians among 21 killed in Thursday raid on alleged Hezbollah weapons depot as ‘a sheer lie’.
- Arab League Severs Ties With Guatemala Over Embassy Move to Jerusalem (May 25th, 2018) – The Arab League lashed out at Guatemala on Wednesday, saying it will no longer engage in relations with the country because of the decision to move its Israel embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- Seven Major Prophecies Have Suddenly Converged (May 23rd, 2018) – Seven more biblical prophecies have suddenly come into much clearer focus all at the same time. These are happening just eight months after the literal fulfillment of the astronomical aspect of the Revelation 12:1–2 prophecy on September 23rd and 24th last year.
- Turkish leader vows that he will NOT let Israel steal Jerusalem from Muslims around the world (May 21st, 2018) – Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says Turkey will support “Palestinian siblings” with all its heart and resources.
- UN Human Rights Council Approves ‘War Crimes’ Probe Against Israel (May 21st, 2018) – The United Nations Human Rights Council approved a “war crimes” probe on Friday to “provide recommendations to protect civilians against any further assaults” in the Gaza Strip.
- MYSTERIOUS EXPLOSIONS DESTROY AN IRANIAN ELECTRONIC WARFARE FACILITY IN SOUTHERN DAMASCUS (May 21st, 2018) – Israel has increasingly taken aim at Iranian facilities in southern Syria over recent months as it attempts to keep Tehran from gaining a military foothold on its doorstep.
- Bible Prophecy Update – US Embassy Move to Jerusalem (May 20th, 2018) – “I want to talk about what I would argue is one of the most important developments of prophetic significance taking place this last week. (In this update) I’ll discuss the US Embassy move to Jerusalem.” – Pastor JD Farag
- NETANYAHU SAYS PALESTINIANS SHOULD ‘ABANDON THE FANTASY’ THAT THEY WILL DESTROY ISRAEL AND CONQUER JERUSALEM (May 20th, 2018) – “It’s time to tell Palestinians: Abandon your fantasy of destroying Israel. Abandon the fantasy that says Israel will disappear. It will not,” Netanyahu told VICE News.
- Muslim leaders call for international force to protect Palestinians (May 19th, 2018) – A summit in Istanbul of Muslim heads of state on Friday urged the creation of an international force to protect the Palestinians, as host Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan accused Israel of “brutality” comparable to the Nazis.
- Hamas Paying Rioters to Charge Gaza Border Fence, Israel Reveals (May 16th, 2018) – Israel’s defense establishment revealed on Monday that intelligence gathered over the past few weeks suggests that Hamas is paying Palestinian activists in the Gaza Strip to charge the fence on the border with Israel during violent demonstrations there.
- Turkey Expels Israeli Ambassador, Accuses Israel of ‘Genocide’ (May 16th, 2018) – Turkey has told the Israeli ambassador to the country to temporarily leave in protest of the situation in Gaza, which saw nearly 60 Palestinian rioters killed by Israeli forces on Monday.
- Hamas Leaders’ Lives in Danger: Israeli Minister (May 15th, 2018) – In an explicit threat, cabinet minister Yoav Gallant said Tuesday that the lives of Hamas military leader Yahya Sinwar and other Hamas strongmen would be in danger if “Hamas continues to make mistakes.”
Below are other articles from previous weeks’ current events:
- Current Events in the Middle East (May 13th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (May 5th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 28th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 21st, 2018)
- Current events in the Middle East (April 13th, 2018)