If you’ve been keeping up with events happening around the world and specifically in the Middle East, you’ll find that many prophetically significant events are stacking up as the region is in turmoil. If you’re not keeping up then this article is for you as it’s a good resource for articles and videos on events that have been occurring for the past couple of weeks. Before moving on, there are 3 main prophecies that are currently being focused on regarding recent events in the Middle East and specifically, Israel (Jerusalem): Zechariah 12, Isaiah 17, and Ezekiel 38.
“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it”, (Zechariah 12:2-3)
“The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap…Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters! The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind. And behold at eveningtide trouble; and before the morning he is not. This is the portion of them that spoil us, and the lot of them that rob us”, (Isaiah 17:1, 12-14)
“And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee”, (Ezekiel 38:1-6)
Zechariah 12 is about God using Jerusalem as a stumbling block to the nations that attempt to break her apart or destroy her. Isaiah 17 is a prophecy concerning the future destruction of Damascus, Syria. Ezekiel 38 talks about a future coalition of nations that will make war against Israel but will be defeated by God himself.
- Jerusalem Embassy, Gaza, Nakba: All You Need to Know About Israel’s Roller-coaster Week (May 13th, 2018) – Now that the shooting has subsided with Iran in Syria, the focus is on a possible mass storming of the Gaza border on Nakba Day, just hours after the United States moves its embassy to Jerusalem.
- Urgent Bible Prophecy Update by JD Farag (May 10th, 2018) – Pastor J.D. does an urgent midweek prophecy update due to the unprecedented developments in just four days.
- Iranian Military Fires 20 Missiles at Israel; None of The Missiles Cross the Border; IAF Retaliates (May 10th, 2018) – For the first time, the Iranian military attacked Israel, firing about 20 missiles at Israel just after midnight on Thursday night. Four missiles were intercepted by the Iron Dome system. All of the remaining missiles exploded inside Syrian territory.
- Iran nuclear deal: Trump pulls US out in break with Europe allies (May 9th, 2018) – US President Donald Trump says he will withdraw the US from an Obama-era nuclear agreement with Iran. Calling it “decaying and rotten”, he said the deal was “an embarrassment” to him “as a citizen”.
- Israel Attacked Syria an Hour After the Iran Deal Was Ended, Says Report (May 8th, 2018) – Syrian state-run media said Israel struck a military outpost near the capital Damascus on Tuesday, saying its air defenses intercepted and destroyed two of the incoming missiles. The reported attack came an hour after President Donald Trump announced he was withdrawing from the Iran nuclear deal, calling Tehran a main exporter of terrorism in the region.
- IDF puts Golan on alert over ‘abnormal’ Iranian movement in Syria (May 8th, 2018) – The Israeli army sounded alarms Tuesday night over irregular Iranian movements in Syria, advising Golan residents to ready bomb shelters and putting its air defenses on high alert.
- Netanyahu: Iran seeking to deploy advanced arms in Syria to wipe out Israel (May 8th, 2018) – Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Tuesday that Iran is striving to deploy advanced weapons in Syria to destroy the Jewish state, and that it could threaten the entire region with a Mediterranean base.
- BREAKING: The Iran Deal Is No More, Major Troop Movements, & Missile Threats (May 8th, 2018) – BREAKING NEWS FROM WASHINGTON: President Donald Trump has just announced that the United States will withdraw from the Iranian nuclear deal and that sanctions will resume against Iran for its violation(s) of the 2015 agreement.
- THE MIDDLE EAST IS BRACING ITSELF FOR A WEEK PACKED FULL WITH MILESTONE EVENTS OF BIBLICAL AND PROPHETIC PROPORTIONS (May 8th, 2018) – On May 14, Israel’s 70th anniversary, the U.S. ceremoniously opens its new embassy in Jerusalem, in line with Trump’s recognition in December of the city as Israel’s capital. Israel has excitedly welcomed the move. For Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, it spells the end to hopes that the U.S. would one day get Israel to cede the West Bank and Gaza Strip and east Jerusalem — lands it captured in 1967 — to a Palestinian state.
- IRAN PLANNING TO LAUNCH A BARRAGE OF MISSILES AGAINST ISRAEL (May 6th, 2018) – Israel is bracing for a barrage of missiles to be launched toward military positions along its northern front from Syria by Shi’ite militias trained and funded by Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps.
- NETANYAHU: ISRAEL MUST KEEP IRAN FROM SYRIA EVEN IF IT MEANS A ‘STRUGGLE’ (May 6th, 2018) – Israel is determined to prevent Iranian entrenchment in Syria even at the price of a direct confrontation with the Islamic Republic, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu indicated on Sunday, three days before a planned meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin to discuss the issue.
- IDF bombs Hamas position that launched burning kites into Israel (May 6th, 2018) – The IDF bombed a Hamas position in Gaza on Sunday morning that was responsible for launching burning kites into Israel. “We will continue to act against terrorist acts above and below ground, and we see the Hamas terrorist organization as solely responsible for what is going on in and out of the Gaza Strip,” said the IDF.
- Bible Prophecy Update – Iran, Jerusalem, Macron by JD Farag (May 6th, 2018) – “This last week was a very busy week in Bible Prophecy and it seems that it’s getting even busier. (In this update) I’ll zero in on 3 of the biggest and most significant developments.” – JD Farag
Below are other articles from previous weeks’ current events:
- Current Events in the Middle East (May 5th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 28th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 21st, 2018)
- Current events in the Middle East (April 13th, 2018)