If you’ve been keeping up with events happening around the world and specifically in the Middle East, you’ll find that many prophetically significant events are stacking up as the region is in turmoil. If you’re not keeping up then this article is for you as it’s a good resource for articles and videos on events that have been occurring for the past couple of weeks. Before moving on, there are 3 main prophecies that are currently being focused on regarding recent events in the Middle East and specifically, Israel (Jerusalem): Zechariah 12, Isaiah 17, and Ezekiel 38.
“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it”, (Zechariah 12:2-3)
“The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap…Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters! The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind. And behold at eveningtide trouble; and before the morning he is not. This is the portion of them that spoil us, and the lot of them that rob us”, (Isaiah 17:1, 12-14)
“And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee”, (Ezekiel 38:1-6)
Zechariah 12 is about God using Jerusalem as a stumbling block to the nations that attempt to break her apart or destroy her. Isaiah 17 is a prophecy concerning the future destruction of Damascus, Syria. Ezekiel 38 talks about a future coalition of nations that will make war against Israel but will be defeated by God himself.
Israel fears ‘explosion of violence’ as US prepares to open embassy in Jerusalem (May 5th, 2018) – Police in Israel have started patrols and security sweeps of a southern Jerusalem neighbourhood, anxiously preparing for a US embassy inauguration that Israelis and Palestinians fear may launch a week of violence.
- Israel warns Russia that if their S-300 missile systems fire on Israeli warplanes, they will be destroyed (May 3rd, 2018) – Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman was interviewed by the Russian newspaper Kommersant, during which he spoke about confrontations with Russia and Syria in recent weeks.
- Middle East Current Events Update (May 3, 2018) – Amir’s update on recent developments in the region following Israel’s strikes in Syria, the publicly unveiled Iranian nuclear program, suspicious activity in Iran, Macron’s new idea and much more!
- Russian News Site Accuses Israel of Using Tactical Nukes In Airstrike Against Syria (May 3rd, 2018) – In what amounts to a modern blood libel, a baseless claim that the Israeli Air Force (IAF) used tactical nuclear weapons in a reported airstrike against an Iranian base in Syria has gone viral. Despite being debunked, headlines and tweets claiming this to be truth continue.
- Excitement in Israel as Countries Prepare to Raise Flags at New Embassies in Jerusalem (May 3rd, 2018) – With the Guatemalan flag already hoisted at the location of its new embassy in Jerusalem, there is a palpable mood of excitement among Israeli officials to see other countries doing the same very soon.
- By striking Iran in Tehran as well as Syria, Israel opened another war arena outside Syria (May 3rd, 2018) – Israel has been braced for Tehran’ revenge – and on high war alert – for three weeks, after opening two war fronts against the Islamic Republic.
- End of Days Expert on Iran: ‘Things Are About to Get Biblical!’ (May 2nd) – As Iran and Israel come into direct conflict in Syria and world leaders wonder what to do about Iran’s nuclear program, Rabbinic authorities look to prophecy to find clear answers for a developing situation that one end-of-days expert says is “about to get Biblical.”
- FARMLAND IN FLAMES AS GAZA PROTESTS GIVE RISE TO ‘KITE TERRORISM’ (May 2nd) – Palestinians in Gaza set fire to scores of acres of farmland Wednesday, employing a new airborne weapon, which Israeli politicians have taken to calling “Kite bombs.”
- No-Fly Zone Declared, Israeli Ground Forces Move North, And Other News (May 1st, 2018) – Israel has just extended the April civilian no-fly zone over the north part of the country until the end of May indicating that the IDF expects continued military activity on both sides. In addition, IDF tank-hauling trucks have been spotted heading north toward the Syrian/Lebanese borders on Highway 6.
- Iranian Defense Chief Warns Israel: Stop Your Dangerous Behavior, Response Will Surprise You (May 1st, 2018) – Iranian Defense Minister Amir Khatami responded Tuesday with a threat to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech on the country’s nuclear program and what the Iranian official described as “Israel’s provocative actions.”
- Israel seems to be preparing for war with Iran, U.S. officials say (May 1st, 2018) – WASHINGTON — An Israeli airstrike on the western Syrian city of Hama on Sunday killed two dozen Iranian soldiers and targeted arms recently delivered from Iran, said three U.S. officials, and is the latest sign that Israel and Iran are moving closer to open warfare.
- Netanyahu says Iran ‘brazenly lying’ after signing nuclear deal, moved documents to a secret location (April 30th, 2018) – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu revealed new “dramatic” intelligence Monday which he claimed shows Iran is “brazenly lying” about its nuclear weapons program and shows the country is not complying with the vaunted nuclear deal it signed in 2015.
- Knesset: The cabinet can order the declaration of war (April 30th, 2018) – On Monday, the Knesset plenum approved the final readings of a bill, led by Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked, authorizing the cabinet to order the start of the war.
- 26 pro-regime fighters, mostly Iranians, killed in blast on Syria base (April 30th, 2018) – Missile strikes against Syrian regime forces in the central province of Hama overnight killed 26 pro-regime fighters, mostly Iranians, a monitor said Monday.
- Missiles fired toward Iranian base in Syria (April 30th, 2018) – Explosions were heard on Sunday evening in the Hama region of Syria. State media reported that the explosions took place at a base of the 47th Brigade of the Syrian Army in the southern part of the city which is believed to have been used by Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.
- LIBERMAN: ISRAEL WILL REACT FORCEFULLY IF SYRIA USES S-300 AGAINST IT (April 29th, 2018) – Israel will react forcefully if Russian air defense systems are used against its jets by troops belonging to the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad, Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman said at the Jerusalem Post Annual Conference in New York City on Sunday.
- The World in 2018: Trump’s Decision on the Iran JCPOA and the Start of Jacob’s Trouble and War (April 30th, 2018) – In this video we look at how the events currently transpiring in the Middle East and concerning the Iranian Nuclear Deal or JCPOA are linked to several prophecies in the Word of God.
- Hamas Vows More Protests After Fifth Week of Riots Along Gaza-Israel Border (April 29th, 2018) – Thousands of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip once again took to the border with Israel on Friday to riot and protest as part of the “March of Return” demonstrations for the fifth week in a row.
- Mid-East Prophecy Update (April 29th, 2018) – Pastor J.D. talks about how the prophecy puzzle pieces are being put in place.
Below are other articles from previous weeks’ current events:
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 28th, 2018)
- Current Events in the Middle East (April 21st, 2018)
- Current events in the Middle East (April 13th, 2018)