If you’ve been keeping up with events happening around the world and specifically in the Middle East, you’ll find that many prophetically significant events are stacking up as the region is in turmoil. If you’re not keeping up then this article is for you as it’s a good resource for articles and videos on events that have been occurring for the past couple of weeks. Before moving on, there are 3 main prophecies that are currently being focused on regarding recent events in the Middle East and specifically, Israel (Jerusalem): Zechariah 12, Isaiah 17, and Ezekiel 38.
“Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it”, (Zechariah 12:2-3)
“The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap…Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters! The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind. And behold at eveningtide trouble; and before the morning he is not. This is the portion of them that spoil us, and the lot of them that rob us”, (Isaiah 17:1, 12-14)
“And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee”, (Ezekiel 38:1-6)
Zechariah 12 is about God using Jerusalem as a stumbling block to the nations that attempt to break her apart or destroy her. Isaiah 17 is a prophecy concerning the future destruction of Damascus, Syria. Ezekiel 38 talks about a future coalition of nations that will make war against Israel but will be defeated by God himself.
- Haley tells world U.S. is ‘locked and loaded’ if Syria uses chemical weapons again (April 13th, 2018) – President Donald Trump wants the world to know the United States is “locked and loaded” and prepared to strike Syria again if the Assad regime targets civilians with chemical weapons, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said Saturday.
- Trump announces “precision” strike on Syria’s chemical weapons capabilities Friday (April 13th, 2018) – Friday night, the U.S. had launched “precision” military strikes against targets inside Syria linked to recent chemical attacks. The strike is the culmination of days of threats by President Trump against the Syrian government over a against civilians in Douma on the outskirts of Damascus on Sunday.
- Russia’s Lavrov says Syria chemical weapons attack was ‘staged’ (April 13th, 2018) – LONDON — Russia said Friday it had “irrefutable” evidence that the deadly Syria chemical weapons attack that has prompted the U.S. to consider airstrikes was fabricated.
- Theresa May wins Cabinet backing to ‘deter’ Assad’s chemical attacks (April 12th, 2018) – Britain has moved a step closer to potential military action against Syrian President Bashar Assad after Theresa May won the backing of senior ministers for action to deter any further use of chemical weapons by the regime.
- Trump warns Russia to ‘get ready’ for U.S. strike on Syria, then says it may not be soon (April 12th, 2018) – President Donald Trump warned on Wednesday that airstrikes against Syria were imminent after a Russian diplomat pledged that U.S. missiles would be shot down and their launch sites targeted. On Thursday, Trump offered a potentially different time frame.
- Israeli jets strike Gaza after Palestinians plant bombs on fence (April 9th, 2018) – Israeli planes carried out airstrikes in the northern Gaza Strip early Monday morning, the army said, hours after a group of Palestinians entered Israeli territory from the enclave and planted two improvised explosive devices along the Gaza security fence.
- U.S. officials confirm Israel hit Syria after suspected Ghouta chemical attack (April 9th, 2018) -WASHINGTON — Israel carried out airstrikes against a Syrian air base early Monday morning and informed the U.S. in advance, two U.S. officials told NBC News.
- Dozens reported killed in suspected Syria chemical attack (April 8th, 2018) – Syrian opposition activists and aid groups said Sunday that dozens of people had died in a suspected chemical weapons attack on the city of Douma.
- Chemical Attack in Syria – Unsealed (April 8th, 2018) – Unsealed.org discusses the recent chemical attack that occurred in Syria and the ramifications of the attack
- Syria war: Trump condemns Syria for ‘chemical attack’ on Douma (April 8th, 2018) – US President Donald Trump has lashed out at Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his allies Russia and Iran over a suspected chemical attack, saying there will be a “big price to pay”.
- Mid-East prophecy update by pastor JD Farag (April 8th, 2018) – Pastor J.D. talks about the breaking news of a gas attack in Syria.
- Palestinians “protesting” along Israel’s border (April 8th, 2018) – Nine Palestinians were killed in the second week of Hamas instigated violence as 20,000 gathered along the border with Israel on Friday, throwing rocks and firebombs. Massive amounts of tires were burned in an attempt to obscure attempts to approach the security fence.
- Saudi crown prince recognizes Israel’s right to exist (April 2nd, 2018) – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, in an interview published Monday, recognized Israel’s right to exist and extolled the prospect of future diplomatic relations between his kingdom and the Jewish state.
- Palestinian “protest” (March 28th, 2018) – JERUSALEM/GAZA (Reuters) – The Israeli military has deployed more than 100 sharpshooters on the Gaza border ahead of a planned mass Palestinian demonstration, Israel’s top general said in an interview published on Wednesday.